Teenage years is a period where the bodies of young girls and boys are rapidly changing and so are their nutritional needs. Their bodies are developing physically and so are their mental and emotional needs. As much as proteins can be obtained from a well-balanced diet, protein shakes contain the right amount of easily digestible and absorbable nutrients. Whether they are active or inactive, a protein shake helps to provide teens with the essential nutrients which are required for overall growth and the development of lean muscles.
The Best Protein Shakes for Teens
Some of the best meal replacement shakes that are suitable for teens include:
Dymatize Nutrition powder shake is commonly used by active teens. It’s an ideal refreshment drink for pre or post workout and it has a wide range of delicious flavors which are easy to formulate.
Dymatize Nutrition Facts
This protein-rich supplement contains 100 percent whey protein in addition to a blend of essential amino acids which help to enhance muscle synthesis. It also contains about 4g of glutamine and glutamine pre-cursors as well as 5g of BCAAs per serving.
Benefits of Dymatize Nutrition
This is one of the best meal replacement shakes that offers users benefits such as:
- A rich blend of protein which helps to enhance the development of lean muscle mass.
- It mixes instantly and it can be consumed on the go.
- It’s aspartame-free
Optimum Nutrition 100 Percent Whey Protein
This protein-rich shake offers teens a better way of maintaining and developing lean muscles mass. It’s one of the best shakes that uses 100 percent whey protein as its primary ingredient.
Nutrition Facts Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein
The main ingredients found in this 120-calorie shake include:
- 24g of whey protein
- 55g of organic BCAA
- 4g of glutamine and glutamine acid
Benefits of This Shake
Some of the benefits of this diet shake include:
- Easy Mixability with water or milk.
- It helps to accelerate and maintain the growth of lean muscle mass in teenagers.
Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder
The personalized Herbalife Protein Powder shake is great for active teens such as rugby players, runners, tennis players and others. This personalized protein powder helps to quickly repair worn out and strained muscles which are out of shape. It also prepares the muscles for the next round of physical activity.
Personalized Protein Powder Nutritional Facts
This is a fat-free supplement that contains:
- 9 essential amino acids
- 5grams of soy protein and whey protein.
Benefits of Using Personalized Protein Powder
This Herbalife supplement is one of the best meal replacement shakes for teens and it provides the following benefits:
- Enhanced growth and maintenance of the muscles.
- It increases the rate of metabolism and helps the user to remain satiated for long hours.
- Regular consumption of this diet shake will help the teen to stay healthy and fit.
- It contains the right amount of nutrition required by teens for growth and development.
Overall, this shake can be customized to meet different unique needs of various users
BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powder Shake
BSN’s Syntha-6 is a high-quality ultra-premium protein powder that is designed to suit various lifestyles of active teens. It’s one of the best meal replacement shakes that features high-quality ingredients which help to enhance physical and mental growth.
BSN’s Syntha-6 Nutritional Facts
This shake contains 10g of essential amino acids, 5g of fiber and 22g of protein per serving. It is a protein-rich diet shake that is formulated using a protein matrix of whey protein isolate and concentrates as well as calcium caseinate. It has a creamy base and a smooth texture.
Benefits of Synta-6 Powder
The reasons as to why this diet plan is suitable for most teens is that:
- It enhances protein synthesis in muscles leading to the development of a well-toned body and lean muscles mass
- It helps to shorten the recovery time.
- It’s rich with the essential amino acids which are the building blocks of the human body.
Choosing the Best Protein Shake for Teens
When searching for the best protein shake for teens, below are some of the factors that you should consider:
- Always choose a fat-free diet supplement that doesn’t contain unnecessary additives.
- Check the age limit of the supplement on the label. Note that the law requires each brand to indicate the age limit which a diet supplement is suitable for.
- Look at the ingredients which are used to formulate the shake. Always select a protein shake that is made with plant-based ingredients because they are safe, healthy and contain fewer side effects.
When choosing protein shakes for teens, always be careful and only select supplements which have been approved by the FDA. An even better and more effective type of protein supplement is one which is homemade as it contains pure ingredients which are designed to cater to the specific needs of the teen. However, before introducing your teen to a protein shake, it’s important that you consult with a doctor or a qualified nutritionist first.