Gluten is a protein that is found in grains. They include spelt, rye, wheat, and barley. However, there are some people who can’t eat meals that have these grains. This is because their consumption can lead to a powerful immune reaction. These people are said to have gluten sensitivity.
Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity
Celiac disease is also known as gluten-sensitive enteropathy or celiac spree. The immune condition occurs when the affected person eats gluten. People with gluten-sensitivity can’t eat food products. If they do, they may end up experiencing an immune response as a result of damage along the lining of the small intestine.
Symptoms of Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity
Celiac disease is a serious medical condition. It normally causes extremely negative side effects. They range from nutritional deficiencies to digestive problems. However, the most common ones include:
- Diarrhea: it’s the most common system since this disease affects the digestive tract. Over 70 percent of celiac patients normally experience diarrhea.
- Gas: this digestive issue occurs as a result of untreated celiac disease.
- Bloating: celiac disease normally causes inflammation along the digestive tract. This means that it may result in bloating as well as other digestive issues.
- Anemia: this medical condition causes significant impairment in the absorption of nutrients. As a result, it leads to iron-deficiency. The resulting effect is anemia which is characterized by insufficient red blood cells in the body.
- Weight loss: a rapid weight loss or difficulty in keeping weight can be a major symptom of celiac disease. This is because the condition makes it difficult for the digestive system to absorb nutrients. So, the patient ends up with weight loss as a result of malnutrition.
What Causes this Disease?
The main causes of gluten sensitivity are foods and genetics. Research shows that you can inherit this condition. This means that parents can pass it to their offspring. In terms of food, this mainly relates to feeding practices. There are foods that can trigger gut bacteria and lead to gluten sensitivity. Besides that, gastrointestinal infections can also cause celiac disease. In some instances, the condition can occur as a result of:
- Severe emotional stress
- Viral infection
- Pregnancy and childbirth
Some of the foods that you need to avoid include:
- Sauces and gravies
- Pies and cakes
- Pasta and bread
- Beer and cookies among others
Research studies show that celiac disease is common in people with:
- A family history of dermatitis herpetiformis or celiac disease.
- Down syndrome or Turner syndrome
- Autoimmune thyroid disease
- Type 1 diabetes
- Addison’s disease
- Microscopic colitis
CBD Products for Celiac Disease and Gluten Allergy
There are several ways to use CBD as an alternate to some medicines for numerous diseases. People normally use the following types of products:
- Edibles like chews, snacks, and gummies.
- Sublingual tinctures, strips, and drops.
- Vaporization of concentrates, oils, and herbs.
- Topical creams, lotions, and salves.
- Beverages such as water, tea, and soda.
For patients with celiac disease, the CBD needs to be gluten-free. So, some of these products include:
Gluten-Free Sublingual Products
They include gluten-free CBD strips, tinctures, and drops. A tincture is a great remedy, especially in case of emergency. This is because it gets into the bloodstream in just a few minutes. You need to place the gluten-free sublingual products under the tongue.
Gluten-Free Vaporization Products
They include vapes, herbs, and concentrates that don’t have gluten. How do they work? Well, you need to first heat them in vape pen. Once they start to emit vapor or smoke, you need to inhale them. This is also another fast-acting solution. This is because the CBD goes directly to the bloodstream from the lining of the lungs.
Gluten-Free Beverages or Drinks
They include drinkables such as tea, water, and soda. But unlike other forms of CBD products, beverages are not so widespread. So, it’s very rare to find them. These drinks offer discreetness and long-lasting effects. This is because you can take them anywhere without raising suspicion. Besides that, they have to pass through the digestive tract. This means that they will stay longer in the body.
They include CBD gummies, snacks, and chews. This is definitely the most effective way of using CBD if you suffer from gluten sensitivity. First, CBD edibles are delicious. They also come in various shapes and concentration. Secondly, they offer discreetness. Lastly, they produce a long-lasting effect.
CBD Oil Usage Recommendation
There are so many ways to use CBD oil. You can buy CBD oil in the form of CBD cream, tinctures, vapes, and edibles. However, edibles are considered to have the best form of cannabis oil for sale. But because they have to pass through the digestive system, their onset might take longer.
This doesn’t mean that edibles don’t have advantages. In fact, if you are suffering from celiac disease, this is the best alternative. It should be noted that CBD cream for pain is for topical use. So, the best CBD oil for pain in this scenario should be an oral product. To completely put the symptoms of gluten allergy at a bay, always use CBD oil regularly.
Celiac disease is a serious condition. The effect of the immune system affecting itself is usually massive. However, you can manage this condition using CBD oil. The organic chemical compound has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to soothe the digestive tract and reduce inflammation.